Thursday, November 11, 2010

WorldCat

Now I would have to say that WorldCat is my favorite thing in the world!  Now let me tell you why.  I am sure that the other websites in the top 3 are just as good, however I love how easily you can search for a title and find out if it is in a location near you. 

I simply chose books and did a keyword search for "A Density of Souls" one of my favorite books from when I was in high school.  I put in my zip code and find that the closest location to me that has the book is the Buffalo Central Library and is 3 miles from my zip code.  I can then click on to the link to that library to find out if they have the book available currently for me to take a quick drive over and pick it up.  I think everyone should know about this website, it can save a lot of time and effort on going to a library and finding that they do not have what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment