Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wikis

I have never been a fan of wikis, most likely because when I was doing my undergraduate degree it was drilled into our head that wikis are unreliable.  We actually received extra credit in one American History class we took if we altered a wiki so that the information was false.  (I changed the post on Wikipedia for James Milton Smith, a Confederate Colonel who shared the same name with my then boyfriend)

I find that wikis that have specific information are hard to use.  On some of the library wikis I took a look at I attempted to search for many subjects with no avail.  Even a simple school, schools or education was pulling up nothing.  I find these hard to use, simply because I do not want to waste my time after searching for three things and not receiving any results.  I believe that most people will not spend the time.  I did really love that one of these wikis had a link to world cat on it, I think that this link should be on every library website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment