Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Del.icio.us

Tagging with Del.icio.us seems like it would be useful in a school setting (which is where I would eventually want to work) where I can put certain links that are needed for or helpful to certain classes in that school or to certain assignments.  This way many students can get help with their projects when the librarian is not available, or when they are crunching to fit their assignment into a few hours before class will start. 

However I am not sure if I would use this in my personal life.  There are not quite a few websites that I really look at in my personal life and any that I do need to find I have saved on my computer or I know how to get to with a few keystrokes.  If I had a desktop computer it may be more beneficial to me to save links so that I may be able to catch them from another computer.

With all of the technologies out there, which ones are going to be the best option?  I could use this option at work to have links to all of the companies we work with.  However I keep all of that information in a google doc which is shared with the rest of my department along with our contacts at those companies and other information.  It makes more sense to me in this sense to keep everything together in one google doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment