Thursday, November 11, 2010

Summary of 23 Things

I think  my favorite program I have learned about this year is Google docs.  I love it and have introduced it to my workplace as a great tool to keep our contacts in one place that we can all edit, instead of all of us screaming across the room, "hey do you have a phone number for so and so?"

I think I have learned quite a few tools that will help me out in the future as a school librarian, however I think it is going to be difficult to try and stay ahead of what my students already know.  I am afraid that anything I have learned while doing this and while take LIS 506 will no longer be relevant when I graduate in a few years.

I did have a few unexpected outcomes when going through many of the sites.  When I was going through each site and learning about them, half the time I thought "I don't understand this, what good is this."  When I started to write my reflections I would always think of someway that I could use the program in a school setting.  I am surprised how much I learned when I felt like I learned nothing at the beginning.

I do wish that we could have used more programs without having to make an account with them.  I feel like I will never use all of them again as I will forget how many of them I am connected to.  Or how long with any of these sites be active. 

No comments:

Post a Comment