Thursday, November 11, 2010

Google Google Google

I am a big fan of Google from the beginning.  I first started using Google "apps" while I was doing an internship my senior year of my Undergrad education.  I am a big fan of using Google scholar, I found hundreds of important and relevant articles through Google scholar that I did not have any access to at SUNY Potsdam.  I then asked the library to retrieve these articles and books for me through Interlibrary loan.  Would I have found any of these resources had I only used the search engines provided to me by my library, I would say it is not likely. 

I am also a huge fan of google earth, which is a great tool to learn about neighborhoods and decide whether it is even worth going to an area.  I am also a fan of using Google labs in Gmail.  I am a fan of Google stars which tells me the importance of emails that I need to take care of.  I have also just learned that in Gmail you can retrieve an email within 30 seconds of sending it in case you sent the wrong email or the wrong information to a customer.  This is very beneficial to libraries in case you perhaps send the wrong research information to the wrong person during our very busy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment